Name of Community School Initiative (if applicable)
Los Angeles County Office of Education Community School Initiative
Position (or Title) at Community School
Description of Position
• Conduct a needs assessment by working with school administrators, teachers, partner agencies, parents and students to identify barriers to learning, available resources, and gaps in services.
• Identify, engage, and recruit partners to offer programs and services for students and families based on the community’s needs assessment.
• Develop a continuum of services for the students, families and community members within the school neighborhood
• Assist directly with information sharing and referral services to maintain an effective referral process to community resources
• Facilitate and provide leadership through collaboration in order to resolve related issues to service delivery, access and coordination
• Assess for improvement and shared accountability between partnerships
• Facilitate an awareness of needs and trends within the community
• Establish and coordinate service teams to ensure needs are being met and services are being maximized to the extent possible and make adjustments as needed
Number of Years in Position
Why are you interested in joining this network?
To connect with other community school coordinators to learn and share with them