Name of Community School Initiative (if applicable)
Position (or Title) at Community School
Community School Coordinator
Description of Position
Partnership Development and Program Implementation
• Develops and implements an action plan for identifying, recruiting and managing
partnerships and services at the school in alignment with PHR’s mission, Family League
Scope of Work and Pimlico Elementary/Middle School priorities.
• Manage existing partnerships and develops new ones, co-designs and coordinates
partnerships to bring services, programs and volunteers to the schools, developing the
necessary work plans.
• Supervise programs and volunteers, ensuring high quality of programs.
• Connects students, families and community residents to services and programs, with
particular focus on students at risk of chronic absence and disciplinary action
• Raises funds and in-kind donations to support programming
Developing School Advocates
• Recruits, organizes, trains and develops parents and community members as school
advocacy leaders, ensuring family and community connection to learning, engagement in
school decision making and school improvement
• Engages school advocates in citywide and statewide education issues such as Advancing
Community Schools in Baltimore and the Baltimore Education Coalition
• Engages neighborhood associations, residents, businesses, faith institutions and community
leaders in the success of the school
• Clearly communicates the Community School strategy and PHR mission to ensure
understanding and collaboration among all stakeholders
• Attends Service Provider’s Network meetings to facilitate communication and collaboration
• Helps cultivate collaboration with local elected officials and community partners and donors
• Works with stakeholders and school leadership to ensure programming is aligned with
Reporting and Evaluation
• Aids in the evaluation of Community School programs by reporting partner data, volunteer
data and relevant school data such as attendance, school safety, demographic and academic
• Regularly meets with partners to evaluate programs
• Implements communications plan to share successes with the public
Supporting the mission and goals of PHR
• Attends weekly Community School Staff meetings and monthly PHR staff meetings, along
with trainings, events and professional development as required
• Other duties as required by the program or requested by PHR senior staff
Number of Years in Position
Twitter (personal, school, initiative etc)
Why are you interested in joining this network?
To network with other CSCs
No comments yet!
You need to be a member of Community Schools Coordinators Network to add comments!