A year ago I established a partnership with a local university's school of education. Initially we had a group of 13 graduate students who would work with a cohort of 4th and 5th grade students in our after school program focusing on literacy. This year we expanded the partnership to include a school day component for undergraduate education majors. They work in concert with content teachers and the special education department conducting assessments and short lessons with selected students. The graduate component has also doubled in size so that now we have 27 university students serving a cohort of 4th and 5th graders after school. We are the only school in the district with this kind of in-depth university partnership. I'm curious if anyone else has established a similar partnership and its scope. I am beginning the planning stages for the spring semester to continue working with the university but also exploring ways to expand the partnership.

Views: 189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is an amazing idea. Who did you approach at the universities to recruit the graduate students? I would love to bring that specialized resource to my elementary school. I will appreciate any information

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Maame Appiah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service