Hello Coordinators!
Some of my colleagues and I are interested in presenting workshops on community schools strategies and related topics at general education conferences; we'd like to foster a more rich dialogue. Do you have any suggestions of conferences coming up before the end of 2013 to which we could submit workshop proposals?
Gratefully,
Jennie

Views: 281

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jennie, I cant think of anything off the top of my head but will look into this more for you. As a heads up, we have scheduled the 2014 Coalition for Community Schools National Forum in Cincinnati from April 9-11, 2013 where we will absolutely need you and your colleagues help! In the mean time, I would check out the Children's Aid Society's (National Center for Community Schools) site and I will do some more snooping around for 2013 for you.

All the best,

Heather 

Another opportunity is the Illinois' 9th Annual Community Schools Forum - November 15, 2013 - Hilton Lisle/Naperville, IL! You can connect with coordinators from Illinois to find out more

Hello Jennie,

There is a CAS Community Schools Practicum to be held October 16-18 2013 in New York City.

There is also the National Summer Learning Association conference in Orlando on November 11-13, 2013.  This is a great opportunity to discuss community schools impact on preventing the "summer slide" during the time of year when many schools close their doors.

This helpful, thanks everyone! We're really looking for non "community schools" venues so that we can connect with more educators and partners. I appreciate all this help!

Where can i get information about this forum in Cincinnati 

Heather Naviasky said:

Hi Jennie, I cant think of anything off the top of my head but will look into this more for you. As a heads up, we have scheduled the 2014 Coalition for Community Schools National Forum in Cincinnati from April 9-11, 2013 where we will absolutely need you and your colleagues help! In the mean time, I would check out the Children's Aid Society's (National Center for Community Schools) site and I will do some more snooping around for 2013 for you.

All the best,

Heather 

Hey all,

Here is the latest info about the Forum in Cincinnati. The workshop RFP is now out... I hope lots of people consider doing a presentation!

http://www.communityschools.org//nationalforum2014/

The School-Based Health Alliance seeks exciting workshops and presenters for the 2014 National School-Based Health Care Convention. We are searching for promising-, best-, and evidence-based practices, expertise, resources, and tools on a range of interdisciplinary topics related to school-based health care. The convention will be held at the Westin Hotel in Seattle, WA, June 29 – July 2, 2014. The 2014 theme is School-Based Health Care: The Convergence of Population Health, Education, and Primary Care.

The Call for Abstracts is open through November 4, 2013. Click here to submit your abstract.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Maame Appiah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service