Attendance Solutions for Kinders- Anyone Door 2 Door Busing?

Hi! I am looking to connect with any schools or school districts that have implemented creative solutions to address low attendance in Kinders. What have those solutions been, and were they effective?

We are looking at trying a door to door model next fall and want to hear from other schools, particularly large, urban, diverse, low-income schools about what has worked and what hasn't.

Reach out to me via this thread or my email at dedelbecchi@gbaps.org

Thank you!

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We're gotten some funding with the Promise Initiative (future funding for college), I wonder if there is an attendance stipulation.  I'm at a middle school so it shows up differently as a support for students at school.

In short, people need a push sometimes. Maybe a raffle with entries based on daily attendance.

Hi Jaymie,

We have done it all! Raffles, educational events/packets/FB pushes, specific outreach to families, etc. Our district does door-to-door busing for all 4K programming free of charge and we are curious if that might be needed in our kinder years as well. With our extra long winters in Wisconsin, of course we see low attendance during those colder months, too. 

Have you ever heard of a school/district doing busing door-to-door for kinders only? Or for the school?

Jaymie Lollie said:

We're gotten some funding with the Promise Initiative (future funding for college), I wonder if there is an attendance stipulation.  I'm at a middle school so it shows up differently as a support for students at school.

In short, people need a push sometimes. Maybe a raffle with entries based on daily attendance.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Maame Appiah.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service